Sunday, March 9, 2008

Grandkids

A little face that shames chameleons
Changing fast with every feeling
Crushed or joyful and often confused
All I know is that she has a short fuse
Anything can start the chain reaction
Boy, that kid is full of passion
One small pout on those sweet lips
Has me buying lots of gifts
Grins and laughter when we meet
That little faces, so awfully sweet
All it takes is one small ‘no’
To make that child want to go
A quick distraction, maybe a bribe
Just a little guilt inside
But as the smiling face returns
I vow again to be more stern
But for today I’ll pay the rent
Consider it a down payment
On all tomorrows as she grows
To remember grandma loved her so

4 comments:

Candice said...

That's a cute poem mom. You sure love your grandkids!

Candice said...

You're tagged mom!

Danielle said...

is that about Kameron? is that how you spell Kameron? lol. My mommy the poet. i love you!!

The Amazing Mumfords said...

Wow - you are really good at poetry! I had no idea you did that - I can just see the pouty lips turn to a smile!